So you want to be on the Exec?
All Victorian students can put their hands up now for the VicSRC Executive for 2015-2016; one year that will change your life!
“I think one of the most powerful things about student voice and VicSRC, is that it lets students know that they’re not alone. Our opinion matters. Our struggles matter. And together we can do something about it.”
Sam Illobuchi, 14, VicSRC Exec member 2014-2015
This could be you! We are calling out for nominations for the 2015-2016 VicSRC Executive. Even if you're not attending Congress this year, you can still nominate.
One of the big outcomes of each Congress is the annual election of the VicSRC Executive team - the group of student representatives who govern the VicSRC. The job of the Exec is to represent what is actually being said by students via Student Councils across Victoria.
If you attended Regional Conferences this year, you may have met some of our 2014-2015 Exec team on the road as they sought out the voices of Victorian students on the issues that matter most to their education.
As a member of the 2015-2016 team, you will:
- Consult with students across the state
- Promote and represent student voice at all levels of decision making including your school, commmunity and at a state level
- Meet with the Minister for Education and other senior members of the Education Department.
- Develop your public speaking and presenting skills
- Have access to training, two camps and skill development
- Communicate student’s views to relevant state bodies
Help set up state-wide projects and planning for state meetings like the VicSRC Congress.
How do I nominate?
If you are interested in being on the 2015 – 2016 student Executive, you need to:
Complete the VicSRC Executive Nomination Form and submit it to with the subject line: Nomination for VicSRC Executive 2015 - 2016
Familiarise yourself with the VicSRC Executive Nomination Process
- Delegates attending Congress should use these guidelines to prepare your 50-second speech
- Students not attending Congress should use these guidelines to submit your 50-second video
No matter who you are or where you come from - we want to you to get involved. Apply now!
Want to find out more? Please contact Krista Seddon, VicSRC Manager: or 03 9267 3777
Subscribe to our
eNewsletter by adding
your details here: