Careers at VicSRC
VicSRC Events Officer
Are you an events guru? Are you passionate about designing impactful experiences? Are you energised by events that spark advocacy, action and real change? We are recruiting an Events Officer to join our team!
Hours: 0.6 FTE – 3 days (22.8 hours) per week
Remuneration: $59,280 - $63,232 p.a. (pro-rata), classified at SCHCADS Award Level 4 (YACVic pays above award rates).
Status: 12 month fixed term contract with potential to be ongoing, subject to funding.
Location: Based in Melbourne CBD, with regular metropolitan and regional travel. YACVic has generous working away from home provisions, including accommodation, meals and travel reimbursements.
About the role
The VicSRC is seeking a creative, exceptionally organised and event-savvy person to join our team as the VicSRC Events Officer. You will manage, develop and implement major VicSRC events across Victoria including Congress, Regional Conferences and the Recognition Awards.
The VicSRC approach to events is all about designing experiences that transform the way people think about and do education. You will manage VicSRC’s event cycle, coordinating end-to-end event logistics to creating impactful experiences for students, teachers and education stakeholders in Victoria.
The major duties
1. Plan, manage and implement the delivery of VicSRC events across Victoria, including, but not limited to, Congress, Regional conferences and the Recognition Awards.
2. Manage VicSRC’s events from beginning to end, including scheduling, pre-event planning, administering event budgets, logistics, identification and management of speakers, facilitators and suppliers, and post-event evaluations.
3. Respond to event enquiries and administer registrations.
4. Undertake event briefing and reporting, including proposals, project plans, evaluations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
5. Maintain strong stakeholder relationships with venues and suppliers, event participants, volunteers and supporters, and partners and funders.
6. Maintain strong working relationships with the VicSRC Student Executive and staff team.
7. Participate in VicSRC and YACVic meetings and events as required.
8. Support the VicSRC Manager and the VicSRC Student Executive with other tasks as directed, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the power of impactful events to spark advocacy, action and real change. You will be energetic and creative multi-tasker who wants to work in a close-knit, collaborative team at the forefront of education change in Victoria.
You will enjoy:
a flexible, disability friendly, family friendly and fun work culture;
a high degree of autonomy and collegial support;
sector-leading professional development;
a brand new, Melbourne CBD office.
YACVic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position.
How to apply
Applications should be emailed to Krista Seddon at with ‘VicSRC Events Officer’ in the subject line and must include:
• Where you saw the role advertised
• Your resume
• Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed above
• Contact details for a minimum of two referees, including your last line manager (we will not contact referees without your permission).
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 4 December and interviews are likely to be held in Melbourne CBD on Friday 9 December. Please note the start date for this position will be late January 2017.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Krista Seddon on 9267 3744 or email .
Applications close Sunday 4th December.
Download the Position Description
Subscribe to our
eNewsletter by adding
your details here: